After seeing some posts doing the rounds on corporates giving back, I felt I should speak up.
Mutindi Mutua , my friends Galgalo Galgalo (Rescuebnb – Kenya) ,Wanjiku Clara and I spent the day yesterday (Wednesday 16th) feeding the teams on ground at 14 Riverside.
We managed to provide over 800 people with meals, drinks and beverages. The teams on ground included forces, Crime scene investigators, medics and first responders, health workers, and others such as students and media as well as the general public.
The contributions were generously provided by the following:
• Java House: 390 hot meals, endless cups of coffee, breakfast snacks and pastries
• Elgon Limited & Bank of Africa: 340 hot lunches, delivered on their behalf by San Valencia
• Runda team, Rotary Lavington and friends: 70 McFrys meals (chips, sausages and soda)
• BioFoods: 340 pcs of Refresh Yogurt in 500ml bottles
• KETEPA: 216 bottles of drinking water, and assorted tea bag packs.
• Safaricom Foundation: 50 blankets.
While I was there, I also noted the presence of Simply Do Good Kenya, Pride Inn, and Artcaffe.
Most are contributing, but doing so quietly – it’s not for PR.
We’re working on feeding 400 pax today, so if you want to contribute, please do so.