Fresh details have now emerged detailing a phone conversation between Governor Mandago, who plans to cause massive chaos in Eldoret town polling stations during Tuesday April 25, Jubilee nominations.
The recorded phone conversation, which is doing rounds online, and is spoken in Nandi vernacular entails:
1. Polling Stations to be ATTACKED before MASSIVE RIGGING occurs.
2. Personal executing Operation.
3. Machinery (Prados).
4. Money to be circulated.
In a document leaked to the press, copied to the Uasin Gishu County DC/OCPD/DCIO/CCIO/RC/County Commander, Mandago intends to do the following as a form of inciting crowds to violence in M.V Patel, Ziwa, Langas, Racecourse, Huruma, Kimumu, Kapsoya and Moi’s Bridge.
The governor intends to do the following as a form of inciting crowds to violence:
1. Mandago goons set foot early morning in all polling stations with high number of registered voters with an intention of voting but there names will not be in the register since they are not registered voters in the particular polling stations. Once name is not available they cause fracas.
2. Due to fracas (no.1) vote counting will happen late then goons (group two) are dropped (1 kms) away by a lorry funded by an old time known politician who has been in the public media lately to make sure no votes are counted.
3. Mandago shows up with Media and calls for Jubilee to disqualify votes casted in that polling station.
Security apparatus are on high alert even as the nominations dates draw closer, not just in Uasin Gishu county, but across the country.